Sunday 13 October 2013

The Design Exam





Two new ideas which came out of the design exam were based around the fact that this deign required a case.  The moment I made a dome instead of a box I regretted it as it would be a pain to make a not rectilinear shape out of acrylic, however it looked pretty good, and would be challenging so I thought I'd keep it.  The second element which arose was that of the arboreal columns.  This came out of trying to integrate the case, base and house into a singular structure where all the elements are interconnected.  I kind of liked the idea of Kate Moss' house being a bit more conceptual and surreal, more of a journey of discrete and separate elements rather than a singular house, and I thought the forest idea represented this.

No comments:

Post a Comment