Tuesday 3 September 2013

Constructing the Mobius #4

So the larger the pieces got the more difficult it became to get them to glue together, but with some clever rubber band manipulation I managed to get them to hold in place.




I had this fear the entire way through construction that I would get to the end and things would not line up and the whole process would have been a gigantic waste and the settings I used on the Makerbot weren't good enough to get the mathematical precision needed to ensure the mobius worked correctly.

Unfortunately my fears were proven founded as I tried to put the last piece in place and discovered it didn't fit.  At this point I felt like throwing the whole thing onto the floor in rage.  Instead I put it down and walked away and decided I'd try and fix it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment