Tuesday 3 September 2013

Constructing the Mobius #5

So I came back to the mobius with a clear mind and decided that with a bit of tweaking I could make it work.  I split the model into quarters again with a knife, I then removed the joining pins and pegs from the plastic pieces.  This allowed me to twist each segment slightly further that I intended to enable to last pieces to line up better.  Splitting, cutting, twisting and gluing enough of the pieces eventually made it line up when I put the final piece in place and with enough elastic bands I finally had something, that when the glue dried, would be a complete and continuous mobius strip.  There are a few bits within the model where it is possible to tell that it hasn't lined up completely accurately, but this was a sacrifice I had to make.  I am hoping that after the roof elements are in place the inaccuracies will become slightly less obvious.




No comments:

Post a Comment