Saturday 31 August 2013

Agyness Deyn - Mobius House

There were a number of things that I was thinking about with the concept for the first house.  In class Russell talked about a how the first house did not have a site, and he envisaged something which you could pick up and turn around and not really know which way was up.  This led me to thinking that because it existed without a site, it did not necessarily have to obey conventional laws of physics.  I was almost immediately put in mind of a Mobius strip, a conceptual object that is difficult to define as its inside face is the same as its outside face.  It is thin, nebulous and abstract, qualities of both the mobius strip and Agyness Deyn.




I did some initial test models in SketchUp to try and figure out the best ways of modelling a mobius strip and to iron out any issues I might come across before the 6 hour exam.






No comments:

Post a Comment