Saturday 31 August 2013

Component Fabrication Attempt #8

I decided to try printing multiple components at the same time to see if it would cut down on print time.  These 9 components took nearly an hour and a half, which is almost exactly the same as if I had printed them all individually.  The only real issue with this is that it left quite a lot of trails of plastic across the components, which although looked alright, did actually create errors within the components, not just between them.  Also, for this print I upped the layer thickness to 0.4mm to see what the effect would be on print time and quality.




I decided not to break apart the components and clean them up as I kind of liked the way they looked like a street lined with skyscrapers.  If I learned anything from this experiment is that for the most accurate results, the components should be printed individually.  

VERDICT:  PARTIAL SUCCESS

No comments:

Post a Comment