Saturday 31 August 2013

Blue Foam Modelling - Part One


OK, so this is the piece of blue foam that I ended up with after the exercise in class where we were tested out the hot wire cutter.

The first thing that I did was photograph the foam from all different angles so I could generate some curves for curviloft to use.


Using the images I generated a series of curves in SketchUp and moved them into position to form the basic outline of my shape.


Unfortunately curviloft did not enjoy the curves that I fed into it.



I then used two curves and intersected the forms, then added in some details manually.


Whilst not perfect it was similar enough to my blue foam object and good enough to feed into slicer to generate something that could be laser cut.

Tune in a 1pm for the cutting and assembly of the box-board laser cut object.


No comments:

Post a Comment