Saturday 31 August 2013

Component Fabrication Attempt #9

So off the back of the last attempt I decided to print fewer components at the same time.  I lowered teh layer thickness back to 0.2mm and played around with print speed.  I thought that if I slowed down the print speed, especially when travelling between components, I could minimise the errors as well as reducing the snail trails between the components.  While I succeeded in reducing the errors, the snail trails were still there.  This wasn't an issue though as they were easily removed with a craft knife.




One of the things I was trying to experiment with in this trial was the triangular patterns on the surface.  I had spent a lot of time in SketchUp modelling the patterns of the triangles, however I noticed that when printed it was only the larger ones that actually showed on the surface. 

VERDICT:  SUCCESS

No comments:

Post a Comment